Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 7-701: Requirements for special installations or locations - Locations containing a bath or shower
The extent of the location containing a bath tub and/or a shower is limited by:
– the lowest finished floor level;
– a horizontal plane 3 m above the lowest finished floor level;
– a vertical circumscribing virtual surface at a distance of 4 m from the fixed water outlet for the bath tub or shower; and
– the volume within the walls, floor and ceiling that border the location containing a bath or shower, measured to a depth of 6 cm.
The requirements of this document also apply to fixed electrical installations in mobile applications, for example caravans, mobile homes, shower containers. This document does not apply to emergency facilities, for example emergency showers used in industrial areas or laboratories.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2006. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– the scope gives precisions relevant to the application of this document;
– the description of zones is improved;
– relevant terms are defined.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 64 - Electrical installations and protection against electric shockrss|
|ICS||91.140.50 - Electricity supply systems
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
|File size||1803 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.