Low-voltage electrical installations - Part 7-710: Requirements for special installations or locations - Medical locations
– hospitals and clinics or equivalent institutions (including equivalent transportable and mobile locations);
which, subject to assessment (710.30), can also include:
– sanatoriums and health clinics;
– dedicated locations in homes for senior citizens and aged care homes, where patients receive medical care;
– medical centres, outpatients' clinics and departments, casualty wards;
– other outpatients' institutions (industrial, sports and others);
– medical and dental practices;
– dedicated medical rooms in the workplace;
– other locations where medical electrical equipment is used;
– veterinary clinics;
– rooms in existing installations where a change of utilization for medical applications occur.
This list is not exhaustive.
The requirements of this document do not apply to ME equipment or ME systems.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) the scope provides improved information to the application of this document;
b) some terms and definitions have been revised;
c) the validity of the respective parts of the IEC 60364 series has been verified and clauses updated;
d) Clause 710.30 has been extended;
e) Clause 710.41 has been updated;
f) Clause 710.413 has been renumbered as Clause 710.411;
g) in 710.411 insulation fault location systems have been added;
h) Clause 710.421 has been extended to include arc fault detection devices;
i) Clause 710.44 has been added;
j) Clause 710.51 has been updated and now covers distribution boards and electrical operating areas;
k) Clause 710.514, has been extended and includes separate subclauses on diagrams, documentation and operating instructions;
l) Subclauses 710.531 to 710.537 have been added;
m) Clause 710.55 has been updated;
n) Clause 710.56 has been added;
o) Clause 710.6, Verification, has been revised;
p) Annex A was deleted, and the contents integrated into 710.560.4;
q) former Annex B is now Annex A and has been updated;
r) an informative Annex B on guidance concerning electromagnetic interferences (EMI) in installations of buildings has been added
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 64 - Electrical installations and protection against electric shockrss|
|ICS||29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
91.140.50 - Electricity supply systems
|File size||1601 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.