Fire hazard testing - Part 2-10: Glowing/hot-wire based test methods - Glow-wire apparatus and common test procedure
- A table of contents has been added.
- The introduction has been updated to align with other TC89 documents.
- The scope has been clarified to align with other documents in the IEC 60695-2 Glow-wire series.
- Terms and definitions relevant to this document have been added.
- Clause 4 has been deleted and the remaining clauses renumbered.
- The description of the power supply has been updated with additional details (see 4.1).
- The temperature measuring system (see 4.3) and the description of the specified layer has been updated (see 4.4).
- New guidance has been introduced to assist in the verification of the temperature measuring system (see 5.2 and Annex C).
- The common test produced has been clarified (see Clause 7).
- The tolerances have been changed for the dimensions of the glow-wire (see Figure 1).
- New guidance on flaming observations has been added (see Annex B). It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51. Keywords: Glowing/hot-wire, Glow-wire.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC/TS 60695-2-11:2000, IEC 60695-2-12:2010, and IEC 60695-2-13:2010
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 89 - Fire hazard testingrss|
|ICS||13.220.40 - Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products|
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
|File size||1846 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.