Fire hazard testing - Part 2-10: Glowing/hot-wire based test methods - Glow-wire apparatus and common test procedure
AbstractIEC 60695-2-10:2013 specifies the glow-wire apparatus and common test procedure to simulate the effects of thermal stresses which may be produced by heat sources such as glowing elements or overloaded resistors, for short periods, in order to assess the fire hazard by a simulation technique. The test procedure described in this standard is a common test procedure intended for the small-scale tests in which a standardized electrically heated wire is used as a source of ignition. It is a common part of the test procedures applied to end products and to solid electrical insulating materials or other solid combustible materials. A detailed description of each particular test procedure is given in the respective standards IEC 60695-2-11, IEC 60695-2-12 and IEC 60695-2-13. This second edition of IEC 60695-2-10 cancels and replaces the first edition of IEC 60695-2-10 published in 2000. This edition constitutes a technical revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- A table of contents has been added.
- The introduction has been updated to align with other TC89 documents.
- The scope has been clarified to align with other documents in the IEC 60695-2 Glow-wire series.
- Terms and definitions relevant to this document have been added.
- Clause 4 has been deleted and the remaining clauses renumbered.
- The description of the power supply has been updated with additional details (see 4.1).
- The temperature measuring system (see 4.3) and the description of the specified layer has been updated (see 4.4).
- New guidance has been introduced to assist in the verification of the temperature measuring system (see 5.2 and Annex C).
- The common test produced has been clarified (see Clause 7).
- The tolerances have been changed for the dimensions of the glow-wire (see Figure 1).
- New guidance on flaming observations has been added (see Annex B). It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104 and ISO/IEC Guide 51. Keywords: Glowing/hot-wire, Glow-wire.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC/TS 60695-2-11:2000, IEC 60695-2-12:2010, and IEC 60695-2-13:2010
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 89 - Fire hazard testingrss|
|ICS||13.220.40 - Ignitability and burning behaviour of materials and products|
29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
|File size||1846 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.