Fire hazard testing - Part 5-1: Corrosion damage effects of fire effluent - General guidance
a) general aspects of corrosion damage test methods;
b) methods of measurement of corrosion damage;
c) consideration of test methods;
d) relevance of corrosion damage data to hazard assessment.
The structure of this second edition remains essentially the same as the first edition with the following additions:
- Information on fire scenarios and fire models has been added along with an update on the latest advances in the analysis of the fire effluent.
- The general classification of fires from ISO TR 9122-1 has been added.
- A new clause on the general aspects of the corrosivity of fire effluent which describes the types of corrosion damage effects and the factors affecting corrosivity.
- A new clause on the principles of corrosion damage measurement has been added describing the assessment of the corrosive potential and the consideration of the corrosivity test methods.
- A new table describing a summary of corrosion test methods.
- A new flowchart detailing the evaluation and consideration of corrosion damage test methods.
- The bibliography has been expanded.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.