Direct acting indicating analogue electrical measuring instruments and their accessories - Part 3: Special requirements for wattmeters and varmeters
IEC 60051-3:2018 also applies to:
• non-interchangeable accessories (as defined in 3.1.23 of IEC 60051-1:2016) used with wattmeters and varmeters;
• a combination of the instruments and the accessories provided that the adjustments have been made for the combination;
• direct acting indicating electrical measuring instruments whose scale marks do not correspond directly to their electrical input quantity, provided that the relationship between them is known;
• instruments and accessories having electronic devices in their measuring and/or auxiliary circuits.
IEC 60051-3:2018 does not apply to:
• special purpose instruments which are covered by their own IEC standards;
• special purpose devices which are covered by their own IEC standards when they are used as accessories.
IEC 60051-3:2018 cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 1984 and Amendment 1:1994. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) updating of content in line with new editions of IEC 60051-1 and IEC 60051-9;
b) addition of Annex A to specify the nonconformity classification of test items.
IEC 60051-3:2018 is to be used in conjunction with IEC 60051-1:2016.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 85 - Measuring equipment for electrical and electromagnetic quantitiesrss|
|ICS||17.220.20 - Measurement of electrical and magnetic quantities|
|File size||1095 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.