Optical fibres - Part 2-10: Product specifications - Sectional specification for category A1 multimode fibres
- short reach, high bit-rate systems in telephony, distribution and local networks carrying data, voice and/or video services;
- on-premises intra-building and inter-building fibre installations including data centres, local area networks (LANs), storage area networks (SANs), private branch exchanges (PBXs), video, various multiplexing uses, outside telephone cable plant use, and miscellaneous related uses. Three types of requirements apply to these fibres:
- general requirements, as defined in IEC 60793-2;
- specific requirements common to the category A1 multimode fibres covered in this document and which are given in Clause 5;
- particular requirements applicable to individual fibre sub-categories and models, or specific applications, which are defined in the normative specification annexes.
This sixth edition cancels and replaces the fifth edition published in 2015. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition: addition of model A1a.4 fibre which supports single wavelength or multi-wavelength transmission systems in the vicinity of 850 nm to 950 nm.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.