Instruments and software used for measurements in high-voltage and high-current tests - Part 1: Requirements for instruments for impulse tests
• defines the terms specifically related to digital recorders;
• specifies the necessary requirements for such instruments to ensure their compliance with the requirements for high-voltage and high-current impulse tests;
• establishes the tests and procedures necessary to demonstrate their compliance;
• covers digital recorders that permit access to raw data from permanent or temporary storage;
• covers peak meters used for measuring the extreme value of lightning impulses, the peak value of switching or current impulses.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 108.
This horizontal standard is primarily intended for use by technical committees in the preparation of standards in accordance with the principles laid down in IEC Guide 108. One of the responsibilities of a technical committee is, wherever applicable, to make use of horizontal standards in the preparation of its publications. The contents of this horizontal standard will not apply unless specifically referred to or included in the relevant publications.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2001. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) Requirements for static integral non-linearity and static differential non-linearity have been removed.
b) Requirement for impulse scale factor non-linearity has been added.
c) Uncertainty requirements for impulse calibrators have been revised.
d) Requirements for peak voltmeter have been revised.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 42 - High-voltage and high-current test techniquesrss|
|ICS||17.220.20 - Measurement of electrical and magnetic quantities
19.080 - Electrical and electronic testing
|File size||1391 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.