Rotating electrical machines - Part 12: Starting performance of single-speed three-phase cage induction motors
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60034-12:2016 RLV
IEC 60034-12:2016 specifies the parameters for eight designs of starting performance of single-speed three-phase 50 Hz or 60 Hz cage induction motors in accordance with IEC 60034-1 that:
- have a rated voltage up to 1 000 V;
- are intended for direct-on-line or star-delta starting;
- are rated on the basis of duty type S1;
- are constructed to any degree of protection and explosion protection. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows:
- new design letter E for extended efficiency motors, explanation of all design letters, and description of new designs NE, NEY, HE, and HEY;
- addition of a reference to IEC 60079-7;
- addition of a formula to calculate locked rotor current from apparent power.
Share this page
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.