Medical electrical equipment - Dosimeters with ionization chambers as used in radiotherapy
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60731:2011+AMD1:2016 CSV
a) field-class dosimeters normally used for
1) in vivo skin surface or intracavitary measurements of dose on patients.
2) in vivo skin surface or intracavitary measurements of dose on patients.
b) reference-class dosimeters normally used for the calibration of field-class dosimeters;
c) scanning-class dosimeters normally used for relative dose distribution measurements with a scanning system such as an automatic water phantom.
The object of this standard is:
- to establish requirements for a satisfactory level of performance for radiotherapy dosimeters;
- to standardize methods for the determination of compliance with this level of performance.
Three levels of performance are specified:
- a lower level of performance applying to field-class dosimeters;
- a higher level of performance applying to reference-class dosimeters;
- a specific level of performance applying to scanning-class dosimeters.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 1997 and its Amendment 1 (2002) and constitutes a technical revision. The technical modifications versus the second edition of this standard concerns performance requirements of radiotherapy dosimeters intended for the measurement of absorbed dose to water or air kerma in heavy ion radiation fields and scanning-class dosimeters normally used for relative dose distribution measurements with a scanning system such as an automatic water phantom.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 62/SC 62C - Equipment for radiotherapy, nuclear medicine and radiation dosimetryrss|
|ICS||11.040.50 - Radiographic equipment|
|File size||2575 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.