Optical fibre cables - Part 1-23: Generic specification - Basic optical cable test procedures - Cable element test methods
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60794-1-23:2019 RLV
IEC 60794-1-23:2019 describes test procedures to be used in establishing uniform requirements for the geometrical, material, mechanical, environmental properties of optical fibre cable elements. This document applies to optical fibre cables for use with telecommunication equipment and devices employing similar techniques, and to cables having a combination of both optical fibres and electrical conductors. Throughout the document, the wording "optical cable" can also include optical fibre units, microduct fibre units, etc. See IEC 60794-1-2 for a reference guide to test methods of all types and for general requirements and definitions. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2012. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- addition of a new test Method G9: Bleeding and evaporation (formerly known as Method E15 in IEC 60794-1-21:2015);
- addition of a new test Method G10A: Stripping force stability of cabled optical fibres (formerly known as Method E5A in IEC 60794-1-21:2015);
- addition of a new test Method G10B: Strippability of optical fibre ribbons (formerly known as Method E5B in IEC 60794-1-21:2015);
- addition of a new test Method G10C: Strippability of buffered optical fibres (formerly known as Method E5C in IEC 60794-1-21:2015);
- addition of a new test Method G11: Tensile strength and elongation of buffer tubes (included in IEC 60811-501);
- addition of a new test Method G12: Elongation of buffer tubes at low temperature (included in IEC 60811-505);
- clarification of the sample preparation procedure in Method G5: Ribbon tear (separability);
Keywords: optical fibre cable, optical cable test procedures
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.