Magnetic materials - Part 7: Method of measurement of the coercivity (up to 160 kA/m) of magnetic materials in an open magnetic circuit
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Clause 1: The scope includes a more detailed description of the magnetic materials which applies to this standard;
- Clause 4: Figure 2 – circuit diagram for methods A and B was simplified and the fluxgate probes inside the solenoid have been added;
- Clause 7: Compensation for the earth’s magnetic field and for static and dynamic magnetic noise fields has been added;
- Clause 8: Magnetic shielding of the measuring region has been added;
- 9.2.2: The measuring methods for local and integral measurement of the flux in the test specimen have been separated and the limitations in size and shape of the test specimen have been considered.
- 9:3: The method C with a VSM (Vibrating Sample Magnetometer) has been moved from 9.3 to the Annex B.
- The term "complex shaped test specimen" has been replaced in several clauses by "test specimen different from ellipsoids".
- The character of Annex A has been changed from “informative” to “normative”.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 68 - Magnetic alloys and steelsrss|
|ICS||29.030 - Magnetic materials
17.220.20 - Measurement of electrical and magnetic quantities
|File size||1737 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.