IEC GUIDE 118:2017
Inclusion of energy efficiency aspects in electrotechnical publications
AbstractIEC Guide 118:2017(E) is intended for technical committees and gives guidance on how to consider energy efficiency aspects when preparing IEC publications.
Its purpose is:
- to describe the contributions of IEC publications to energy efficiency;
- to describe the concept of an energy efficiency aspect;
- to provide categories of energy efficiency aspects and a list of energy efficiency aspects to be considered by technical committees.
- helps in harmonizing the approach to energy efficiency;
- raises awareness that provisions in IEC publications can affect the energy performance of the product itself (taken individually) and of the entire application (embedding the product), in both negative and positive ways;
- helps technical committees to identify energy efficiency aspects that contribute to energy efficiency improvement of the product itself and of the entire application;
- promotes the use of a systematic approach when addressing energy efficiency in the context of standardization;
- promotes the use of a systems approach when addressing energy efficiency aspects in the context of standardization.
|TC/SC||ACEE - Advisory Committee on Energy Efficiencyrss|
|ICS||27.015 - Energy efficiency. Energy conservation in general|
|File size||1067 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.