Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) - Part 4-20: Testing and measurement techniques - Emission and immunity testing in transverse electromagnetic (TEM) waveguides
- TEM waveguide characteristics, including typical frequency ranges and equipment-under-test (EUT) size limitations;
- TEM waveguide validation methods for electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) tests;
- the EUT (i.e. EUT cabinet and cabling) definition;
- test set-ups, procedures, and requirements for radiated emission measurements in TEM waveguides; and
- test set-ups, procedures, and requirements for radiated immunity testing in TEM waveguides.
This document does not intend to specify the tests to be applied to any particular apparatus or system(s). The main intention of this document is to provide a general basic reference for all interested product committees of the IEC. For radiated emission measurements, product committees select emission limits and measurement methods in consultation with CISPR standards. For radiated immunity testing, product committees remain responsible for the appropriate choice of immunity tests and immunity test limits to be applied to equipment within their scope. This document describes test methods that are separate from those of IEC 61000‑4‑3.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2010. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- provide information on the testing of large EUTs (including cables);
- apply the work on measurement uncertainties by adapting the work completed in CISPR and TC 77 (for emissions and immunity);
- update the validation procedure for the test volume regarding field uniformity and TEM mode verification;
- provide information concerning two-port and four-port TEM waveguides;
- add a new informative annex (Annex I) dealing with transient TEM waveguide characterization; and
- add information dealing with dielectric test stands for EUTs.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 77/SC 77B - High frequency phenomenarss|
|ICS||33.100.10 - Emission|
33.100.20 - Immunity
|File size||6679 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.