Winding wires - Test methods - Part 5: Electrical properties
Note: a more recent version of this publication exists
IEC 60851-5:2008+AMD1:2011+AMD2:2019 CSV
- Test 5: Electrical resistance;
- Test 13: Breakdown voltage;
- Test 14: Continuity of insulation;
- Test 19: Dielectric dissipation factor.
Significant revisions to the previous edition include the following points:
- In Subclause 5.3, the addition of the use of carbon brush electrodes for the counting discontinuities during the high voltage continuity test, as an alternative to the V-groove pulley electrode; and
- Clarifications in the breakdown voltage test for round wires larger than 2,500 mm and for fibrous covered wires.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.