Shunt capacitors for a.c. power systems having a rated voltage above 1 000 V - Part 1: General
- to formulate uniform rules regarding the performance and rating of units and banks, and the testing of units; to formulate specific safety rules;
- to provide a guide for installation and operation. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2005. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- the overvoltage cycling test has been moved to this standard from the IEC 60871-2;
- the ranges of the standardized values of the highest voltage for equipment have been modified;
- for installations installed on altitudes above 1 000 m a correction factor to all insulation requirements has been introduced;
- new standard insulation tables have been defined. Keywords: capacitor units and capacitor banks, power filter circuits
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 33 - Power capacitors and their applicationsrss|
|ICS||29.240.99 - Other equipment related to power transmission and distribution networks
31.060.70 - Power capacitors
|File size||1749 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.