Audio, video and similar electronic apparatus - Safety requirements
- concerns only safety aspects of the above apparatus;
- it does not concern other matters, such as style or performance. This standard applies to the above-mentioned apparatus, if designed to be connected to the telecommunication network or similar network, for example by means of an integrated modem. This eighth edition cancels and replaces the seventh edition published in 2001 including its Amendment 1 (2005) and Amendment 2 (2010). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes in this edition as compared with the seventh edition are as follows:
- new requirements for wall and ceiling mounting means;
- new requirements for coin/button cell batteries;
- all notes have been reviewed to comply with the new directives;
- addition of requirements for LEDs;
- requirements for creepage distances are aligned with IEC 60950-1 and a change in optocoupler requirements.
It has the status of a horizontal standard in accordance with IEC Guide 104 Key words: Audio/Video, Reception, Generation, Recording, Safety
The contents of the corrigendum 1 of December 2015, corrigendum 2 of December 2016 and corrigendum 3 of December 2018 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 108 - Safety of electronic equipment within the field of audio/video, information technology and communication technologyrss|
|ICS||97.020 - Home economics in general|
|File size||2203 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.