Protective devices against diagnostic medical X-radiation - Part 2: Translucent protective plates
- geometrical accuracy;
- optical quality of the material;
- spectral transmittance;
- radiation attenuation properties;
- marking; and
- statement of compliance with this standard. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition of IEC 61331-2, published in 1994. It constitutes a technical revision. This second edition has been adapted to apply to the present technology. The essential changes and extensions are:
- extension of scope to cover all kinds of translucent protective plates and all kinds of radiation qualities and gamma radiation;
- removal of definition and requirements for translucent protective plates for visual imaging;
- changes of requirements concerning geometrical accuracy and optical quality;
- changes of requirements concerning determination of lead equivalent and minimal thickness; and
- changes of requirements concerning information and marking.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.