Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 3: Distribution boards intended to be operated by ordinary persons (DBO)
- intended to be operated by ordinary persons (e.g. switching operations and replacing fuse-links), e.g. in domestic (household) applications;
- outgoing circuits contain protective devices, intended to be operated by ordinary persons, complying e.g. with IEC 60898-1, IEC 61008, IEC 61009, IEC 62423 and IEC 60269-3;
- rated voltage to earth does not exceed 300 V a.c.;
- rated current (Inc) of the outgoing circuits does not exceed 125 A and the rated current (InA) of the DBO does not exceed 250 A;
- intended for the distribution of electrical energy;
- enclosed, stationary;
- for indoor or outdoor use.
This first edition cancels and replaces the first edition of IEC 60439-3 (1990), Amendment 1 (1993) and Amendment 2 (2001). It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 60439-3 (including the amendments):
- alignment with IEC 61439-1:2011.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IEC 61439-1:2011. The contents of the corrigenda of September 2013 and March 2019 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121B - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembliesrss|
|ICS||29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||966 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.