Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 5: Assemblies for power distribution in public networks
- used for the distribution of electrical energy in three phase systems for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V a.c. (see Figure 101 for a typical distribution network);
- open ASSEMBLIES are not covered by this standard;
- suitable for installation in places where only skilled persons have access for their use, however, outdoor types may be installed in situations that are accessible to ordinary persons;
- for indoor or outdoor use.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2010. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the latest edition:
- confirmation that tests carried out on the most onerous PENDA are deemed to verify the performance of similar and less onerous assemblies of the same general construction and rating;
- more precise timing/conditions for impact force withstand tests for PENDAs designed for operation in an arctic climate;
- correction of the direction of the applied force in the static load test.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IE 61439-1:2011. The contents of the corrigendum of March 2015 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121B - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembliesrss|
|ICS||29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||1601 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.