Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 5: Assemblies for power distribution in public networks
- used for the distribution of electrical energy in three phase systems for which the rated voltage does not exceed 1 000 V a.c. (see Figure 101 for a typical distribution network);
- open ASSEMBLIES are not covered by this standard;
- suitable for installation in places where only skilled persons have access for their use, however, outdoor types may be installed in situations that are accessible to ordinary persons;
- for indoor or outdoor use.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2010. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the latest edition:
- confirmation that tests carried out on the most onerous PENDA are deemed to verify the performance of similar and less onerous assemblies of the same general construction and rating;
- more precise timing/conditions for impact force withstand tests for PENDAs designed for operation in an arctic climate;
- correction of the direction of the applied force in the static load test.
This publication is to be read in conjunction with IE 61439-1:2011. The contents of the corrigendum of March 2015 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121B - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembliesrss|
|ICS||29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||1601 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.