Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Performance standard - Part 031-6: Non-connectorized single-mode 1×N and 2×N non-wavelength-selective branching devices for Category O - Uncontrolled environment
- class A (premium class) which meets more restrictive requirements (i.e. for extended reach PON application) and
- class B (standard class) for standard application (i.e. normal reach PON application). The requirements also cover unbalanced bidirectional non-connectorized single-mode non-wavelength-selective branching devices, however the specifications of unbalanced branching devices are limited to 1x2 and 2x2 devices because they are the most commonly used. This second edition of IEC 61753-031-6 cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2008 and constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- deletion of the Introduction;
- an updated and extended scope to reflect an introduction of two attenuation and uniformity performance classes for balanced NWBD instead of branching device technologies on the market;
- an updated list of normative references;
- a more simplified introduction to the two types of spectral bands;
- Clause 5, Performance requirements, has been updated and extended to reflect the introduction of two attenuation and uniformity performance classes for balanced NWBD;
- simplified test items to exclude tests for damp heat (steady state) and impact for performance requirements;
- Annex A has been changed to introduce the calculated and minimum requirements for attenuation and uniformity. Keywords: non-wavelength selective branching device (NWBD), IEC category O environment
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86B - Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive componentsrss|
|ICS||33.180.10 - Fibres and cables|
|File size||999 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.