Insulation co-ordination - Part 5: Procedures for high-voltage direct current (HVDC) converter stations
- arresters have been added to several locations to reflect some recent 800 kV HVDC scheme practice, along with their justifications, expected voltages, overvoltages and arrester stresses in service;
- significant changes have been made in Clause 8 - all subclauses on the characteristics, schemes, stresses and specification of arresters have been consolidated into a single entity, Clause 8;
- the implications of a smoothing reactor and of a neutral blocking filter located on the neutral bus (as on some recent 800 kV schemes), on coordination of arresters connected to the neutral end have been added;
- possible use of sacrificial arresters on the neutral bus is introduced to cater for excessive arrester energy in the rather unlikely event of a particular rare fault;
- all subclauses dealing with study tools and modelling details have been consolidated into Clause 10;
- creepage distances and clearances have been consolidated into Clauses 11 and 12, respectively, with more details added.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 99 - Insulation co-ordination and system engineering of high voltage electrical power installations above 1,0 kV AC and 1,5 kV DCrss|
|ICS||29.080.30 - Insulation systems|
|File size||2970 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.