Arc welding equipment - Part 3: Arc striking and stabilizing devices
This document is applicable to arc striking and stabilizing devices which are stand-alone (separate from the welding equipment) or built in (housed in a single enclosure with other arc welding equipment).
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2013 and constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- changes induced by the publication of IEC 60974-1:2017;
- reference to IEC 60974-1:2017/AMD1:2019 in Clause 2;
- Figure 2 is updated where a subtraction of the proportion of the no-load voltage is shown;
- requirement for safe operation of the arc striking and stabilising devices in the event of failure, in 11.5;
- requirements for the rating plate as in IEC 60974-1:2017, Clause 15.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.