Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-76: Particular requirements for electric fence energizers
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-2-76:2018 RLV
– mains-operated energizers;
– battery-operated electric fence energizers suitable for connection to the mains;
– electric fence energizers operated by non-rechargeable batteries either incorporated or separate.
This standard does not apply to:
– electromagnetically coupled animal trainer collars;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas);
– separate battery chargers (IEC 60335-2-29);
– electric fishing machines (IEC 60335-2-86);
– electric animal-stunning equipment (IEC 60335-2-87);
– appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601).
This Part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard. This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2002, Amendment 1:2006 and Amendment 2:2013. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– the text has been aligned with Edition 5.2 of Part 1;
– additional requirements for security fence energizers have been introduced (Clauses 3, 7, 19, 22, Figures and Annex BB);
– specific requirements for battery operated energizers have been moved to Annex S.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61H - Safety of electrically-operated farm appliancesrss|
|ICS||65.040.99 - Other standards related to farm buildings and installations|
|File size||1747 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.