Radio data system (RDS) - VHF/FM sound broadcasting in the frequency range from 64,0 MHz to 108,0 MHz - Part 2: Message format: Coding and definition of RDS features
IEC 62106-2:2018 together with IEC 62106-1, IEC 62106-3, IEC 62106-4, IEC 62106-5 and IEC 62106-6, cancels and replaces IEC 62106:2015, and constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to IEC 62106:2015:
• Provision has been made to carry RDS on multiple data-streams (RDS2).
• Data in the additional data-streams is using a newly defined group type C data structure.
• AF coding below 87,6 MHz (down to 64,1 MHz) using ODA-AID 0x6365 (see IEC 62106-6).
• Long PS (UTF-8) support has been added using group type 15A.
• Coding for the following applications is no longer detailed in the RDS standard as these can use in future the ODA concept: EWS, TDC, IH and RP.
• Obsolete and no longer part of the RDS standard are: MS (Group 0A, 0B and 15B) certain DI codes (mono/stereo, artificial head, compression), Language code, and PIN (Group 1A).
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 100/TA 1 - Terminals for audio, video and data services and contentsrss|
|ICS||33.160.40 - Video systems|
|File size||2355 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.