Criteria for accident monitoring instrumentation for nuclear power generating stations
This standard applies to accident monitoring instrumentation intended for use during the following operations:
- As required for planned operator action related to accident mitigation,
- For assessing plant conditions, safety system performance, and making decisions related to plant response to abnormal events,
- For achieving and maintaining safe shutdown following an accident
This standard does not apply to the following:
- Accident monitoring instrumentation that is intended solely for historical recording or solely for maintenance purposes
- Other instrumentation that may be available during accident conditions.
This standard is an adoption of IEEE 497-2016 by IEC.
When applied in an IAEA / IEC environment this standard is to be used in conjunction with IEC TR 63123.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 45/SC 45A - Instrumentation, control and electrical power systems of nuclear facilitiesrss|
|ICS||27.120.20 - Nuclear power plants. Safety|
|File size||1449 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.