IEC 61439-1:2017 PRV
Pre release version
Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies - Part 1: General rules
AbstractThis Final Draft International Standard is an up to 6 weeks' pre-release of the official publication. It is available for sale during its voting period: 2017-07-07 to 2017-08-18. By purchasing this FDIS now, you will automatically receive, in addition, the final publication.
IEC 61439-1:2017 lays down the general definitions and service conditions, construction requirements, technical characteristics and verification requirements for low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assemblies.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition published in 2011. It constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- clarification that power electric converter systems, switch mode power supplies, uninterruptable power supplies and adjustable speed power drive systems are tested to their particular product standard, but when they are incorporated in assemblies the incorporation is in accordance with the IEC 61439 series of standards;
- addition of a method of temperature-rise verification up to 3 150 A by comparison with a reference design and calculation;
- addition of temperature-rise verification of assemblies with active cooling;
- addition of requirements in respect of DC;
- general editorial review.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 121/SC 121B - Low-voltage switchgear and controlgear assembliesrss|
|ICS||29.130.20 - Low voltage switchgear and controlgear|
|File size||2449 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.