Information technology - UPnP Device Architecture - Part 24-11: Internet gateway device control protocol - Level 2 - Wide area network internet protocol v6 - Firewall control service
AbstractISO/IEC 29341-24-11:2017 specifies the characteristics of the UPnP networked service named WANIPv6FirewallControl, version 1. This service definition is compliant with UPnP Service Architecture 1.0 .
This service supports the management IPv6 firewall pinholes in Internet gateway devices independent of the WAN access type (PPP, DHCP, ?). It also supports access control to restrict operations to authorized control points and users. It enables UPnP control points to:
- create and delete pinholes of limited duration that allow external communication from the WAN side of the gateway to reach devices on the LAN side
- determine operational status of a pinhole
This service does not support:
- retrieving detailed information about pinholes (such as associated external port or remaining lease duration)
- outbound packet filtering
- modification of security policies of a gateway device
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.