IEC 62359:2010+AMD1:2017 CSV
Ultrasonics - Field characterization - Test methods for the determination of thermal and mechanical indices related to medical diagnostic ultrasonic fields
- parameters related to thermal and non-thermal exposure aspects of diagnostic ultrasonic fields;
- methods for the determination of an exposure parameter relating to temperature rise in theoretical tissue-equivalent models, resulting from absorption of ultrasound;
- methods for the determination of an exposure parameter appropriate to certain non-thermal effects.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2005. It constitutes a technical revision. Major changes with respect to the previous edition include the following:
- The methods of determination set out in the first edition of this standard were based on those contained in the American standard for Real-Time Display of Thermal and Mechanical Acoustic Output Indices on Diagnostic Ultrasound Equipment (ODS) and were intended to yield identical results. While this second edition also follows the ODS in principal and uses the same basic formulae and assumptions (see Annex A), it contains a few significant modifications which deviate from the ODS.
- One of the primary issues dealt with in preparing this second edition of IEC 62359 was "missing" TI equations. In Edition 1 there were not enough equations to make complete "at-surface" and "below-surface" summations for TIS and TIB in combined-operating modes. Thus major changes with respect to the previous edition are related to the introduction of new calculations of thermal indices to take into account both "at-surface" and "below-surface" thermal effects. The contents of the corrigendum of March 2011 have been included in this copy. This consolidated version consists of the second edition (2010) and its amendment 1 (2017). Therefore, no need to order amendment in addition to this publication.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.