Insulators for overhead lines - Composite line post insulators for A.C. systems with a nominal voltage greater than 1 000 V - Definitions, test methods and acceptance criteria
- define the terms used,
- prescribe test methods,
- prescribe acceptance or failure criteria.
This standard does not include requirements dealing with the choice of insulators for specific operating conditions. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- removal of tests procedures now given in IEC 62217;
- inclusion of clauses on tolerances, environmental conditions, transport, storage and installation;
- changes in the parameters determining the need to repeat design and type tests; and
- modification of the specification of load application in bending tests to simplify testing.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 36 - Insulatorsrss|
|ICS||29.080.10 - Insulators
29.240.20 - Power transmission and distribution lines
|File size||1236 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.