Information technology - Security techniques - Information security controls for the energy utility industry
- central and distributed process control, monitoring and automation technology as well as information systems used for their operation, such as programming and parameterization devices;
- digital controllers and automation components such as control and field devices or Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), including digital sensor and actuator elements;
- all further supporting information systems used in the process control domain, e.g. for supplementary data visualization tasks and for controlling, monitoring, data archiving, historian logging, reporting and documentation purposes;
- communication technology used in the process control domain, e.g. networks, telemetry, telecontrol applications and remote control technology;
- Advanced Metering Infrastructure (AMI) components, e.g. smart meters;
- measurement devices, e.g. for emission values;
- digital protection and safety systems, e.g. protection relays, safety PLCs, emergency governor mechanisms;
- energy management systems, e.g. of Distributed Energy Resources (DER), electric charging infrastructures, in private households, residential buildings or industrial customer installations;
- distributed components of smart grid environments, e.g. in energy grids, in private households, residential buildings or industrial customer installations;
- all software, firmware and applications installed on above-mentioned systems, e.g. DMS (Distribution Management System) applications or OMS (Outage Management System);
- any premises housing the above-mentioned equipment and systems;
- remote maintenance systems for above-mentioned systems.
ISO/IEC 27019:2017 does not apply to the process control domain of nuclear facilities. This domain is covered by IEC 62645.
ISO/IEC 27019:2017 also includes a requirement to adapt the risk assessment and treatment processes described in ISO/IEC 27001:2013 to the energy utility industry-sector?specific guidance provided in this document.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.