IEC 60721-3-2:2017 PRV
Pre release version
Classification of environmental conditions - Part 3-2: Classification of groups of environmental parameters and their severities - Transportation and handling
AbstractThis Final Draft International Standard is an up to 6 weeks' pre-release of the official publication. It is available for sale during its voting period: 2017-11-17 to 2017-12-29. By purchasing this FDIS now, you will automatically receive, in addition, the final publication.
IEC 60721-3-2:2017 classifies the groups of environmental parameters and their severities to which a product is subjected while being transported and handled. The most commonly used methods of transportation and handling have been taken into account, including the following:
- road transport: cars, trucks;
- rail transport: trains, trams;
- water transport, inland and maritime: ships;
- air transport: aircraft, jet, propeller, helicopter;
- handling equipment: cranes, transport lifts, cableways, persons;
- hand trollies.
This third edition cancels and replaces the second edition, published in 1997, and constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- Clause 1: reworded and added handling.
- Clause 2: updated normative references.
- Clause 3: updated definitions.
- Clause 4: reworded and simplified.
- Clause 5: revised and updated. Several classes have been replaced by completely new classes based on the use of new information obtained from referenced Technical Reports.
- Table 1 through Table 5: updated.
- Table 6 added.
- Old annexes A to C removed except Clause A.3 that is incorporated in Clause 5.
- New Annex A.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 104 - Environmental conditions, classification and methods of testrss|
|ICS||19.040 - Environmental testing|
|File size||1464 KB|
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). The following credit cards are accepted: American express, Mastercard and Visa. Request a pro forma to pay by bank transfer.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.