Solderless connections - Part 3: Accessible insulation displacement (ID) connections - General requirements, test methods and practical guidance
– appropriately designed accessible ID terminations,
– wires having solid round conductors of 0,25 mm to 3,6 mm nominal diameter,
– wires having stranded conductors of 0,05 mm2 to 10 mm2 cross-sectional area,
for use in electrical and electronic equipment and components.
Information on materials and data from industrial experience is included in addition to the test procedures to provide electrically stable connections under prescribed environmen-tal conditions.
There are different designs and materials for accessible ID terminations in use. For this reason only fundamental parameters of the termination are specified, while the perfor-mance requirements of the wire and the complete connection are specified in full detail.
The purpose of this document is:
– to determine the suitability of accessible ID connections under specified mechanical, electrical and atmospheric conditions;
– to provide a means of comparing test results when the tools used to make the con-nections, if any, are of different designs or manufacture.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 1993. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the pre-vious edition:
a) Subclause 7.2.2: reduce the limit of duration of contact disturbance to 1 µs.
b) Subclause 7.2.3: reduce the limit of duration of contact disturbance to 1 µs.
c) Transferred Clauses 9 to 13 to Annex A (informative).
d) The figures were revised for clarity.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.