Information technology - Automatic identification and data capture techniques - Data structures - Digital signature meta structure
The purpose of this document is to provide an open and interoperable method, between automated identification services and data carriers, to read data, verify data originality and data integrity in an offline use case.
ISO/IEC 20248:2018 specifies
- the meta data structure, the DigSig, which contains the Digital Signature and encoded structured data,
- the public key certificate parameter and extension use, the DigSig Certificate, which contains the certified associated public key, the structured data description, the read methods and private containers,
- the method to specify, read, describe, sign, verify, encode and decode the structured data, the DigSig Data Description,
- the DigSig EncoderGenerator which generates the relevant asymmetric key pairs, keeps the Private Key secret and generates the DigSigs, and
- the DigSig DecoderVerifier which, by using to the DigSig Certificate, reads the DigSig from the set of Data Carriers, verifies the DigSig and extracts the structured data from the DigSig.
A successful verification of the DigSig signifies the following:
- the data was not tampered with;
- the source of the data is as indicated on the DigSig Certificate used to verify the DigSig with;
- if a secured identifier of the data carrier is included in the DigSig it contains, then the data stored on the data carrier can be considered as the original issued copy of the data; the secure identifier will be able to guarantee that the data carrier is authentic.
ISO/IEC 20248:2018 does not specify
- cryptographic methods, nor
- key management methods.
ISO/IEC 20248:2018 is used in conjunction with standard risk assessments of the use environment.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||ISO/IEC JTC 1/SC 31 - Automatic identification and data capture techniquesrss|
|ICS||35.040.50 - Automatic identification and data capture techniques|
|File size||2313 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.