Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-118: Particular requirements for professional ice-cream makers
Appliances taken into account are those intended for commercial use and similar appliances not intended for normal household use but which may nevertheless be a source of danger to the public, such as appliances intended to be used by laymen in shops, stores, by artisans or on farms, which rated voltage is not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances.
Appliances covered by this standard are provided with a refrigerant condensing unit which is usually incorporated, but for some appliances may be remote.
This standard also applies to following types of appliances:
- mixers to make ice cream and similar pastry products in which, for the preparation of the product, an heating process is made within the appliance before the cooling process;
- appliances for storing whipping cream mix in a refrigerated tank and for whipping the cream for the delivery process.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to:
– appliances with a refrigerating system operating with flammable refrigerant;
– ice cream appliances for household use (IEC 60335-2-24);
– appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard.
The contents of the corrigendum of August 2021 have been included in this copy.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61C - Safety of refrigeration appliances for household and commercial userss|
|ICS||97.040.99 - Other kitchen equipment|
13.120 - Domestic safety
|File size||1239 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.