IEC TR 60747-5-12:2021
Semiconductor devices - Part 5-12: Optoelectronic devices - Light emitting diodes - Test method of LED efficiencies
This technical report provides guidance on
- terminology of optoelectronic efficiencies of single LED chip or package without phosphor, such as the power efficiency (PE), the external quantum efficiency (EQE), the voltage efficiency (VE), the light extraction efficiency (LEE), the internal quantum efficiency (IQE), the injection efficiency (IE), and the radiative efficiency (RE);
- test methods of optoelectronic efficiencies of the PE, the EQE, the VE, the LEE, and the IQE;
- review of various IQE measurement methods reported so far in view of accuracy and practical applicability;
- the measuring method of the LED IQE based on the temperature-dependent electroluminescence (TDEL);
- the measuring method of the LED IQE based on the room-temperature reference-point method (RTRM);
- the measuring method of the radiative and nonradiative currents of an LED;
- the relationship between the IQE and the VE, which leads to introduction of a new LED efficiency, the active efficiency (AE) as AE = VE × IQE.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.