IEC 60079-25:2010 Withdrawn
Explosive atmospheres - Part 25: Intrinsically safe electrical systems
- extension of the scope from Group II to Groups I, II and III;
- introduction of level of protection "ic";
- addition of requirements for cables and multi-core cables;
- reference to IEC 60079-11 regarding the termination of intrinsically safe circuits;
- requirements for the assessment of an expanded and clarified intrinsically safe system regarding level of protection "ic", simple apparatus and faults in multi-core cables;
- introduction of predefined systems and merging of the system requirements for FISCO from IEC 60079-27;
- addition of requirements for simple intrinsically safe systems containing both lumped inductance and lumped capacitance;
- addition of a method for testing the electrical parameters of cables;
- additional information for the use of simple apparatus in systems.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English/French, Spanish|
|TC/SC||TC 31/SC 31G - Intrinsically-safe apparatusrss|
|ICS||29.260.20 - Electrical apparatus for explosive atmospheres|
|File size||4598 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.