IEC TR 63228:2019
Measurement protocols for photovoltaic devices based on organic, dye-sensitized or perovskite materials
- instability in performance over time;
- unusual spectral responsivity;
- small device size; difficulty in measuring temperature;
- a transient response to external stimulus;
- optical interference effects; and
- a non-linear current response to irradiance. These challenges can lead to the cell output in laboratory testing being significantly different to the output that would be observed in a real application.
The primary focus of the report is measurement of the current-voltage (I‑V) relationship under illumination for the purpose of determining the device output power, or power conversion efficiency. Where appropriate, the report makes reference to the IEC 60904 series which describes the standard approach to measuring the performance of all PV devices. The report also references existing published standards that seek to accommodate OPV, DSC or PSC devices.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.