Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive components - Fibre optic WDM devices - Part 1: Generic specification
- they are passive, in that they contain no optoelectronic or other transducing elements;
- however they may use temperature control only to stabilize the device characteristics;
- they exclude any optical switching functions;
- they have three or more ports for the entry and/or exit of optical power, and share optical power among these ports in a predetermined fashion depending on the wavelength;
- the ports are optical fibres, or optical fibre connectors. This standard establishes uniform requirements for the following: optical, mechanical and environmental properties. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2009, and constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- substantial updating to the definitions;
- the addition of informative Annexes C to G, giving examples of technical information concerning WDM devices. Keywords: fibre optic wavelength division multiplexing, WDM, requirements for optical, mechanical and environmental properties
|Publication type||International Standard|
|Available language(s)||English, English/French|
|TC/SC||TC 86/SC 86B - Fibre optic interconnecting devices and passive componentsrss|
|ICS||33.180.01 - Fibre optic systems in general|
33.180.20 - Fibre optic interconnecting devices
|File size||8137 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.