IEC 61892-6:2019 PRV
Pre release version
Mobile and fixed offshore units - Electrical installations - Part 6: Installation
IEC 61892-6:2019 provides specific requirements for the installation of electrical equipment in mobile and fixed offshore units, including pipeline, pumping or "pigging" stations, compressor stations and single buoy moorings, used in the offshore petroleum industry for drilling, production, accommodation, processing, storage and offloading purposes.
It applies to all installations, whether permanent, temporary, transportable or hand-held, to AC installations and DC installations without any voltage level limitation. Referenced equipment standards may give voltage level limitations.
This document specifies requirements such as those concerning
– protection during equipment storage and in the installation period,
– installation of generators and motors,
– installation of transformers,
– installation of switchgear and controlgear assemblies,
– installation of semiconductor converters and UPS,
– installation of secondary cells and batteries,
– installation of luminaires,
– installation of heating and cooking appliances,
– installation of trace and surface heating,
– installation of cables and wiring, both low-voltage and high-voltage cables,
– requirements in relation to earthing and bonding,
– lightning protection;,
– testing of completed installation, and
This document does not apply to
– fixed equipment for medical purposes,
– electrical installations of tankers, and
– control of ignition sources other than those created by electrical equipment.
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2013. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
a) requirements for protection during equipment storage have been added;
b) the special requirements for distribution board enclosures in accommodation spaces have been deleted;
c) requirements for installation of UPS have been updated;
d) requirements regarding the installation of batteries have been modified;
e) requirements for large single-core cables for three-phase AC have been updated;
f) requirements in relation to cable transit systems have been added;
g) the table on the sizes of earth continuity conductors and equipment earthing connections, set out in IEC 61892-4:2007, has been included;
h) requirements as to the installation of controls and instrumentation have been modified; clauses relevant to design and equipment have been deleted.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 18 - Electrical installations of ships and of mobile and fixed offshore unitsrss|
|ICS||29.260.99 - Other electrical equipment for working in special conditions|
47.020.60 - Electrical equipment of ships and of marine structures
|File size||1731 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.