Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-68: Particular requirements for spray extraction machines, for commercial use
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-2-68:2021 RLV
- public use areas such as hotels, schools, hospitals;
- industrial locations, for example factories and manufacturing shops;
- retail outlets, for example shops and supermarkets;
- business premises, for example offices and banks;
- rental services for those machines;
- all uses other than normal housekeeping purposes.
These machines are not equipped with a traction drive. Machines for the same intended function but equipped with a traction drive are covered by IEC 60335-2-72.
The following power systems are covered:
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase appliances and 480 V for other appliances,
- battery-operated machines.
This standard applies to machines in which the pressure of the employed cleaning agent does not exceed 2,5 MPa, and in which the product of the pressure (in MPa) and the flow of cleaning agent (in litres per minute) does not exceed 100, and in which the temperature of the cleaning agent at the spray nozzle outlet does not exceed 85 °C.
This standard does not apply to
- vacuum cleaners and water-suction cleaning appliances for household use (IEC 60335-2-2);
- floor treatment machines for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-67, IEC 60335-2-72);
- wet and dry vacuum cleaners, including power brush, for commercial use (IEC 60335-2-69);
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745 series, IEC 61029 series, IEC 62841 series).
- machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
- machines designed for picking up hazardous dusts (as defined in IEC 60335-2-69), inflammable substances, or glowing particles;
- machines designed to handle hazardous solvents, such as flammable or explosive liquids;
This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2012 and its Amendment 1: 2016. It constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition (minor changes are not listed):
- editorial and technical alignment with IEC 60335-1:2020.
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61J - Electrical motor-operated cleaning appliances for commercial userss|
|ICS||97.020 - Home economics in general|
|File size||1758 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.