Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-79: Particular requirements for high pressure cleaners and steam cleaners
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-2-79:2021 RLV
- mains powered motors up to a rated voltage of 250 V for single-phase machines and 480 V for other machines,
- battery-operated motors,
- internal combustion engines,
- hydraulic or pneumatic motors.
This standard does not apply to:
- high pressure water jet machines having a rated pressure exceeding 35 MPa;
- liquid or steam cleaners intended for domestic use (IEC 60335-2-54);
- hand-held and transportable motor-operated electric tools (IEC 60745 series, IEC 61029 series, IEC 62841 series);
- appliances for medical purposes (IEC 60601);
- agricultural sprayers (ISO 4254-6);
- non-liquid, solid abrasive cleaners;
- machines designed to be part of a production process;
- machines designed for use in corrosive or explosive environments (dust, vapour or gas);
- machines designed for use in vehicles or on board of ships or aircraft.
This fifth edition cancels and replaces the fourth edition published in 2016. It constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition (minor changes are not listed):
- editorial and technical alignment with IEC 60335-1:2020;
- clarification on hand-held and battery-operated high pressure cleaners;
- general editorial improvements.
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the sixth edition (2020) of that standard.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61J - Electrical motor-operated cleaning appliances for commercial userss|
|ICS||97.080 - Cleaning appliances|
|File size||2298 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.