Thunderstorm warning systems - Protection against lightning
Single sensors and/or a network of sensors (e.g. lightning location system) can be used as a TWS.
This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition, published in 2016. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- portable devices are no longer covered by this standard;
- in Clause 5, classes of TWS have been deleted;
- in Clause 6, updated figures and more detailed text are provided to better illustrate the alarm timeline;
- in Clause 9, the text has been summarized and refers now to the application guide given in Annex F;
- annexes have been reorganized;
- Annex E is normative.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 81 - Lightning protectionrss|
|ICS||29.020 - Electrical engineering in general
91.120.40 - Lightning protection
|File size||3095 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.