Electric motor-operated hand-held tools, transportable tools and lawn and garden machinery - Safety - Part 4-4: Particular requirements for lawn trimmers, lawn edge trimmers, grass trimmers, brush cutters and brush saws
This document does not apply to
– hand-held machines having a mass of 18 kg or greater;
– self-propelled lawn trimmers or lawn edge trimmers;
– scissors type lawn trimmers and lawn edge trimmers;
– machines equipped with metallic cutting accessories consisting of more than one piece, e.g. pivoting chains or flail blades;
– edgers with rigid and/or metallic cutting devices.
Annex EE provides an informative summary of characteristics for lawn trimmers, lawn edge trimmers, grass trimmers, brush cutters and brush saws.
Brush cutters and brush saws covered by this document are designed only to be operated with the machine to the right of the operator.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.