Industrial communication networks - Fieldbus specifications - Part 6-2: Application layer protocol specification - Type 2 elements
This International Standard specifies interactions between remote applications and defines the externally visible behavior provided by the Type 2 fieldbus application layer. The purpose of this document is to define the protocol provided to
a) define the wire-representation of the service primitives defined in this document, and
b) define the externally visible behavior associated with their transfer. This document specifies the protocol of the Type 2 fieldbus application layer, in conformance with the OSI Basic Reference Model (ISO/IEC 7498-1) and the OSI application layer structure (ISO/IEC 9545).
This fourth edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- clarifications of response PDU formats in case of failure in 4.1.5;
- clarifications of connection request priority definition and handling in 18.104.22.168 and 22.214.171.124;
- clarification of connection remaining path in 126.96.36.199;
- extensions of general syntax in 188.8.131.52;
- extensions and clarifications of Identity object PDUs in 184.108.40.206;
- updates of Assembly object PDUs in 220.127.116.11;
- extensions and clarification of Time sync object PDUs in 18.104.22.168;
- updates of Parameter object PDUs in 22.214.171.124;
- extensions of Connection Manager object PDUs in 126.96.36.199;
- clarifications of Connection object PDUs in 188.8.131.52;
- extensions and clarifications of message and connection paths in 4.1.9;
- updates of object and service class codes in 4.1.10 and error codes in 4.1.11;
- updates of data types in 4.2.4, 5.1.3 and 5.2.3;
- updates of the encapsulation abstract syntax in 4.3;
- updates to the DLL mapping protocol machine 2 in Clause 11;
- miscellaneous editorial corrections.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 65/SC 65C - Industrial networksrss|
|ICS||25.040.40 - Industrial process measurement and control|
35.100.70 - Application layer
35.110 - Networking
|File size||4438 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.