IEC 60565-2:2019 PRV
Pre release version
Underwater acoustics - Hydrophones - Calibration of hydrophones - Part 2: Procedures for low frequency pressure calibration
IEC 60565-2:2019 specifies the methods for low frequency pressure calibration of hydrophones at frequencies from 0,01 Hz to several kilohertz depending on calibration method.
IEC 60565-2:2019, together with IEC 60565-1, replaces the second edition of IEC 60565 published in 2006. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
IEC 60565-2:2019 includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition.
1) IEC 60565 has been divided into two parts:
• Part 1: Procedures for free-field calibration;
• Part 2: Procedures for low frequency pressure calibration (this document).
2) A relative calibration method has been added to Clause 8: Calibration by piezoelectric compensation.
3) A relative calibration method has been added to Clause 11: Calibration by vibrating column.
4) Clause 12: Calibration by static pressure transducer, has been added.
5) Annex A: Equivalent circuit of the excitation system for calibration with a vibrating column, has been deleted.
6) Subclauses 9.6, 9.7 and 9.8 have been moved to form a new Annex A: Advanced acoustic coupler calibration methods.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.