Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-4: Particular requirements for spin extractors
Note: a redline version of this publication exists
IEC 60335-2-4:2021 RLV
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
- for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
- in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to:
- appliances intended exclusively for industrial purposes;
- appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
This seventh edition cancels and replaces the sixth edition published in 2008, Amendment 1:2012 and Amendment 2:2017. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- aligns the text with IEC 60335-1, Ed 5, and its Amendments 1 and 2;
- replacement of the term definition of accessible part to include test probe 18;
- addition of test probe 18 for accessibility of live parts.
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the fifth edition of IEC 60335-1:2010 and its amendments.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||97.060 - Laundry appliances
13.120 - Domestic safety
|File size||1134 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa, JCB and CUP), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 16:00 CET Monday to Friday.