IEC 60335-2-62:2019 PRV
Pre release version
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-62: Particular requirements for commercial electric rinsing sinks
IEC 60335-2-62:2019 deals with the safety of electrically operated commercial rinsing sinks used in commercial kitchens, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral, and 480 V for other appliances.
These appliances are used for example in kitchens of restaurants, canteens, hospitals and commercial enterprises such as bakeries, butcheries, etc.
The electrical part of appliances making use of other forms of energy is also within the scope of this standard.
As far as is practicable, this standard deals with the common hazards presented by these types of appliances.
Attention is drawn to the fact that:
– for appliances intended to be used in vehicles or on board ships or aircraft, additional requirements can be necessary;
– for appliances intended to be used in tropical countries, special requirements can be necessary;
– in many countries, additional requirements are specified by the national health authorities, the national authorities responsible for the protection of labour, the national water supply authorities and similar authorities.
This standard does not apply to:
– appliances designed primarily for sterilizing to clinical standards;
– dishwashers (IEC 60335-2-58);
– appliances designed exclusively for industrial purposes;
– appliances intended to be used in locations where special conditions prevail, such as the presence of a corrosive or explosive atmosphere (dust, vapour or gas).
This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2002 and its Amendment 1:2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision.
This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
– indicates specific values for temperatures for accessible parts and water and aligns the text with IEC 60335-1, Edition 5, and its Amendments 1 and 2;
– requires the application of test probe 12 for the verification of access to live parts (8.101);
– foresees the use of a specific test probe for the measurements of temperatures of accessible surfaces (11.3);
– washing vessel (11.8);
– modification on leakage current defining the value for appliances with a power consumption less than 1 kW (13.2);
– addition of specific requirements concerning types of screws to be used for electrical connections and connections for earth continuity (Clause 28);
– addition of informative Annex P dealing with leakage currents for appliances used in tropical climates.
This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard.
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61 - Safety of household and similar electrical appliancesrss|
|ICS||97.040.50 - Small kitchen appliances|
|File size||1349 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.