IEC 60794-2-50:2019 PRV
Pre release version
Optical fibre cables - Part 2-50: Indoor optical fibre cables - Family specification for simplex and duplex cables for use in terminated cable assemblies
IEC 60794-2-50: 2019 specifies requirements for simplex and duplex optical fibre cables for use in terminated cable assemblies or for termination with optical fibre passive components. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2008. This edition constitutes a technical revision. This edition includes the following significant technical changes with respect to the previous edition:
- update of the normative references;
- review and update of parameters and requirements for mechanical tests and environmental tests;
- Annex B has been removed and test method for sheath pull-off force evaluation refers to IEC 60794-1-21, method E21;
- Annex C has been removed and test method for sheath shrinkage evaluation refers to IEC 60794-1-22, method F11;
- Annex D has been removed and test method for buffered fibre movement under compression refers to IEC 60794-1-21, method E22;
- Annex E has been removed and test method for temperature cycling evaluation refers to IEC 60794-1-22, method F12;
- fibre type designations have been updated and the new wideband MM fibre is included as an option.
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.