IEC TR 62221:2012
Optical fibres - Measurement methods - Microbending sensitivity
- method A using an expandable drum and applies to category A1 and class B fibres;
- method B using a fixed diameter drum and applies to category A1 and class B fibres;
- method C using a plate and applied loads and applies to category A1 and class B fibres;
- method D using a "basketweave" wrap on a fixed diameter drum, and applies to category A1 and class B fibres. This second edition cancels and replaces the first edition published in 2001, and constitutes a technical and editorial revision. The main changes with respect to the previous edition are:
- updates related to B6 (bend-insensitive) category single-mode fibres;
- inclusion of a definition for microbending and general properties;
- expansion of general considerations;
- more details given for each method;
- addition of an Annex A. Key words: measurement of microbending sensitivity of optical fibres
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.