IEC 60335-2-90:2015+AMD1:2019 CSV
Household and similar electrical appliances - Safety - Part 2-90: Particular requirements for commercial microwave ovens
- the safety of microwave ovens with a cavity door intended for commercial use, their rated voltage being not more than 250 V for single-phase appliances connected between one phase and neutral and 480 V for other appliances;
- the safety of combination microwave ovens with a cavity door, the requirements for which are contained in Annex AA;
- the safety of microwave ovens without a cavity door and with transportation means that are intended for commercial use only, for the heating of food and beverages, the requirements for which are contained in Annex BB.
Microwave ovens covered by Annex BB have transportation means for moving the load through the microwave oven. Requirements for tunnel microwave ovens and several types of microwave vending machines are covered. This standard also deals with microwave ovens intended to be used on board ships, for which Annex EE is applicable. In general, this standard does not take into account the use of appliances by young children or infirm persons without supervision or children playing with the appliance. This international standard does not take into account the use of a microwave oven without a cavity door and with transportation means by ordinary persons except in the vicinity of entrance and exit ports. This part 2 is to be used in conjunction with the latest edition of IEC 60335-1 and its amendments. It was established on the basis of the fifth edition (2010) of that standard. This fourth edition cancels and replaces the third edition published in 2006 including its Amendment 1 (2010) and Amendment 2 (2014). It constitutes a technical revision. The principal changes with respect to the previous edition are as follows (minor and editorial changes are not listed):
- a statement in 7.12 is required for appliances intended to be used on commercial road vehicles;
- a statement in 7.12 is required concerning cleaning of the appliance with a water jet;
- the replacement of 22.103, 22.104 and 22.105 allows interlock systems with at least one concealed door interlock as well as alternative interlock systems without concealed door interlock;
- requirements are added for appliances for installation in commercial road vehicles;
- an annex is added dealing with routine tests. The attention of National Committees is drawn to the fact that equipment manufacturers and testing organizations may need a transitional period following publication of a new, amended or revised IEC publication in which to make products in accordance with the new requirements and to equip themselves for conducting new or revised tests. It is the recommendation of the committee that the content of this standard be adopted for implementation nationally not earlier than 12 months or later than 36 months from the date of its publication. This consolidated version consists of the fourth edition (2015) and its amendment 1 (2019). Therefore, no need to order amendments in addition to this publication.
Key words: Microwave, Microwave Oven, Microwave enclosure
|Publication type||International Standard|
|TC/SC||TC 61/SC 61B - Safety of microwave appliances for household and commercial userss|
|ICS||97.040.20 - Cooking ranges, working tables, ovens and similar appliances|
|File size||1882 KB|
The following test report forms are related:
Share your publications
Learn how to share your publications with your colleagues, using networking options.
Our prices are in Swiss francs (CHF). We accept all major credit cards (American Express, Mastercard and Visa), PayPal and bank transfers as form of payment.
Keep in touch
Keep up to date with new publication releases and announcements with our free IEC Just Published email newsletter.
Contact customer services
Please send your enquiry by email or call us on +41 22 919 02 11 between 09:00 – 17:00 CET Monday to Friday.